3 Year – Warranty Information
Given the Smart Hot Water System has been operated and maintained as per the manufacturer’s specifications and instruction manual which comply with the Australian Standards of AS 2658.
Smart Hot Water Systems will repair or replace parts free of charge in the event of defects arising from faulty materials and/or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase and in accordance with the Warranty Conditions and Exclusions Stated in this document.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure
Smart Hot Water Systems is responsible for the costs of the repair associated with any legitimate warranty claims, which include:
- Parts and labour for the first year. After the first year only replacement parts are covered under this warranty.
- Postage or transport costs associated with sending the Hot Water System from the repair centre to the customer
Smart Hot Water Systems are not responsible for:
- Any costs for repairs, labour or call out fees where a Smart Hot Water Service agent was not used.
- Postage or transport costs associated with sending the Hot Water System to an approved service repair centre to be assessed under this warranty.
- Labour costs after the first year of purchase.
The benefits provided to you by this warranty and in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
- All Smart Hot Water Systems must be used and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction manual which comply with the current standards of AS2658.
- Any inspection, service, repair or replacement activities associated with Smart Hot Water Systems products must only be carried out by an approved Smart Hot Water Systems agent.
- Proof of purchase in the form of a receipt or financial transaction statement in the name of the purchaser is needed to claim this warranty.
- This warranty only applies to the Hot Water System and its internal components. This warranty does not include any fitting, attachments, pumps and accessories, after the initial 30 days of purchase.
- Where a failed component is replaced under warranty, the balance of the original appliance warranty will remain effective. The replacement part or appliance does not carry a new warranty.
- Where the Hot Water System is deemed not to be faulty or not covered under this warranty, A service fee of $65 will be charged and the return postage costs are the responsibly of the consumer.
- Customers wanting to make a warranty claim must contact our service centre on 1300 119 906 to obtain a return authority form before returning the hot water system for assessment. No hot water systems will be assessed without the return authority form and proof of purchase.
The following may cause the warranty to become void and will result in a service charge and or costs of parts.
- This warranty is void if the tamper sticker has been damaged or removed from the hot water system
- This warranty only applies to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred.
- This warranty does not cover damaged through abuse, accidental damage, improper use, acts of god, normal wear and tear or improper maintenance.
- Failure or damage caused by alterations, service or repair work carried out by persons other than a Smart Hot Water Systems approved repairer.
- This warranty does not apply to damage caused by sludge and/or sediment in the water supply.
- This warranty does not cover damage caused by water that has been frozen in the pipes. (see instruction manual for drainage)
Smart Hot Water Systems
For all warranty claims, contact our service team on the details below to obtain a return authority form.
Phone: 1300 119 906