Your Smarttek Hot Water System Display screen will NOT turn on unless water is running through your unit.
No lights on the display could be caused by either Water Pressure or Flat/Damaged Batteries –
- Ensure the on/off switch is in the ON position.
- Check the water in and out are plugged in the correct direction – Water inlet should be closest to the Battery Box.
- Open the battery box and pull down silver tabs located inside the battery compartment at the top. Reinsert batteries ensure the rear battery has positive facing down and the front battery has the negative facing down.
- Move you water dial to the MIN position. This step is essential if you are using a 4.3LPM Pump.
- Check for a blockage in your water gauze – located inside your water inlet pipe.
- If you are using a pump – check that your battery source is supplying 12V or more.
Finally – Turn on water source, open your shower rose and flow water through your hot water system.
If lights are still NOT coming on when you have water running through your system –
Complete Battery Test HERE and Check Water Pressure
If your batteries are reading well, as discovered in the test above – You can further test your system for water pressure issues, by connecting your water inlet to Mains Water Pressure. If Lights are then displaying on your LCD Screen, you know water pressure was causing your system not to operate initially.