Smarttek Pty Ltd ACN 125 415 321 (“we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting the personal information that we may collect and hold about you. This Policy sets out our policies relating to management of your personal information. By voluntarily supplying us with your personal or credit information, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.Any amendments to this Policy will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website. Please note that our website contains links to other websites. When a user has clicked on a link to another site, they leave our site and are no longer protected by this Policy.
What information is collected, and why?
When a user visits our website we collect information about the visit that does not identify the user personally. We track information such as the domain from which the user is visiting and the user’s browser type. We also collect specific information regarding the user’s session on our website. This includes items such as the date and time of the visit and the pages viewed. Sometimes we ask a user to voluntarily provide personally identifiable information (PII). This information generally includes but is not limited to, name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number. We request this information when the user requests one of the following:
- To register to attend an online seminar or demonstration;
- To receive specific information from us such as a catalogue;
- To sign up for a mailing list;
- To correspond with us;
- Or any other such activity that we deem necessary.
How is the information used?
Non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) is collected to allow us to analyze how our website is used and to improve the content and service the website provides. Smarttek owns the collected information and will not sell, trade, or rent the information to others. We may use the information to continue contact with the user. This may include contact such as follow-up calls, e-mail correspondence, or mail correspondence to follow-up on the contact or to provide marketing information about promotions, new services, or important website changes. Smarttek may share this information with its business partners for the specific purpose of a promotion or service offering.
We may use “cookies” or similar technologies to collect data. A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when you access our website. Our website collects the following information from users:
- your server address;
- your top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .au etc);
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed;
- the previous site you have visited; and
- the type of browser you are using.
Use, disclosure & purpose
We collect, hold and disclose your personal and credit information for the following purposes:
- as a necessary part of providing our products to you;
- to promote and market our products to you or provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you (unless as directed otherwise);
- to personalise and customise your experiences with our website;
- to help us research the needs of our customers and to market our products with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of customers generally;
- to allow us to provide advertising material to you regarding us, our dealers and customers, and other business partners (unless as directed otherwise); and
- other purposes related to any of the above.
- third parties that provide goods and services to us or through us;
- third parties, such as marketing and digital agencies, who may send to you our e-newsletters on our behalf; and
- our website host or software application providers.
We do not intentionally disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. However, our software application providers, including Xero, may hold personal information on servers located outside Australia. Further information on Xero’s handling of personal information is available at www.xero.com/au/about/terms/privacy.
Storage and Security
Your personal and credit information will be stored as physical files in a secured area, on our electronic data base system and on computers with appropriate back up and security systems. Any personal or credit information which is collected via our website, or which is held on our computer systems, is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (including firewalls and SSL encryption) and procedural methods. We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We are committed to keeping secure the data you provide to us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access or alteration.
We aim to achieve this through:
- imposing confidentiality requirements on our employees;
- implementing policies in relation to document storage security;
- implementing security measures to govern access to our systems;
- only providing access to personal information once proper identification has been given;
- controlling access to our premises; and
- implementing website protection measures.
Dealing with us anonymously
Where lawful and practicable to do so, you can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. You can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym when making a general enquiry about the goods and services that we can offer to you including via telephone or our website. At the time you purchase our goods, it is no longer practicable for you to deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym.
If you believe that we have breached a term of this Policy or the Act you may submit a written complaint. The written complaint can be emailed or posted to us using the contact details set out below. You must include contact details for us to contact you regarding your complaint.
Our Privacy Officer will consider your complaint and respond as soon as reasonably possible, but not more than 30 days from receiving the complaint.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to be resolved.
If you wish to:
- gain access to your personal information;
- make a complaint about a breach of your privacy;
- contact us with a query about how your information is collected or used;
- contact us regarding any other matter concerning this Policy,
you can speak directly with our staff who will do their best to try to resolve your issue as simply as possible. Alternatively, you can write to us or send us an email so that our Privacy Officer can consider the matter. We will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from us, please contact our Privacy Officer via the details below. Our contact details are as follows:
Phone: 1300 119 906
Privacy Officer contact: Greg Inwood
Postal address: 7/3 GDT Seccombe Close, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
For more information on privacy see the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au.